Tuesday, January 12, 2010

foodie till I die




The new year couldn't begin on a more delicious note than this..I got togetherwith 2 of my closest friends from school. My friend prepared a brilliant meal for us..Tomato soup, fancy salad with the dressing and oranges in it...pan fried chicken..
We rounded it up with a chicken sizzler (again home made)..vanilla icecream and cake followed..
Ate and ate till I could barely move...
Back in Mumbai..back to skipping breakfast..sandwiches (that sums up my lunch) and a tiffin from my neighbour auntyfor dinner is what i am going through.
Good part is my current work place is in South Mumbai, near Flora Fountain..and some awesome eateries buzz this place, making it easy for me to go there and dig on food.
Tried Cafe Churchill, Piccadilly, PressClub..brill palak khichdi..Theobroma for the oh so gooey cheesecake.
Surely wallet is feather weight..but i follow the dictum.."live to eat and not eat to live".
Desserts don't always have to be all the la-di-da items..coz i had a really great Merwan cup cake for Rs. 7/- the other day which kicks every cup cake batter's ass.
Plan to explore more..after all "anna tey purna brahma"
Cheers for now..!!

7 comments:

  1. excellent!!!! plz explore some more..when i come down next i too, wanna tantalize taste buds..

    ReplyDelete
  2. encourage karayla lihito, good`work, put more bore stuff on the website!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Put in some pics of d foods u describe na... wud be a better 'virtual visual' effect :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. cudnt imagine you writing anythin else but about food for ur first blog entry ;) great read,keep them rollin

    ReplyDelete
  5. niice... looking forward to more interesting posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i want to go to theobroma!!! its been long time.nd nd that merwan cake too.You are too good with descriptions,i could imagine all of it before my eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. devika...
    changes incorporated..;)

    ReplyDelete